San Francisco Time / UTC Time


2006-06-25

Todd's reviews of "An Inconvenient Truth"

Todd reviewed "An Inconvenient Truth" and now I know why I instinctively knew that I didn't need to see it.

1. It would just boil my blood
2. I already "get it" so I'd just be wasting my money seeing "news" about things I'm already aware of
3. Riding my bicycle is a far better way to spend my time than sitting in a movie theater
4. Al Gore is STILL a politician. Y'all who know me know how I feel about politicians: "if their mouths are open, their lying."

Please, please, please; if you read this blog, please go read Todd's article. So very very right on the money, and so very well written. The guy has a way with words that makes me green with envy. Now if he would just get me my Stokemonkey!

2 comments:

nollij said...

Well, Todd's pulling through: I should have my stokemonkey in the next couple of weeks! YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

nollij said...

One other thing: a friend of mine mentioned that he'd read part of Todd's post and that he comes off a little bit holier-than-thou with the bicyclist advocacy. I feel like he's somewhat earned the right to that attitude to a certain degree, but if you take the long time needed to read all the comments, you'll see that he responded to some comments that noted the same thing. He's a smart guy, and willing to engage with thoughtful critics of his ideas.